Orthodontics just 20 mins from Sydney city.
Ashfield Dental can offer you everything from conventional braces, clear external braces and even Invisalign® (no braces or clear braces) to suit your orthodontic treatment needs. Our patients come from all over Sydney and vary in age from 6 to 80.
Orthodontic treatment, commonly known as braces, has become a popular and accessible treatment for many patients in an effort to correct crooked teeth or improve their smile.
Orthodontic treatment can involve the use of braces or plates or a combination of both. The best results can be achieved when children are growing in their teenage years.
Braces can also often provide a better alternative for adults wanting that perfect smile. In many cases, orthodontic correction is a crucial part of the combination of treatment for those who want to improve their overall dental condition. Beginning treatment later in life may mean longer and more complicated treatment so it is always worthwhile just inquiring about the need for orthodontic treatment when seeing the dentist.
The Australian Society of Orthodontists recommends that children receive an orthodontic assessment at seven years old. Although this is too young for kids to have braces, there are a number of benefits your child can gain through early assessment.
The top 5 reasons your child should have an early orthodontic assessment are:
- To identify any harmful oral habits that could lead to poor or asymmetrical facial development.
- To reduce the need for future, more complex orthodontic treatment.
- To check all teeth are present and in their correct location. This assists long term planning for ideal orthodontic treatment.
- Correct any impediment to normal speech or airway development.
- To preserve or make space for erupting teeth. This may reduce or eliminate the need for future extractions
Follow up and care follows a similar pattern for all types of braces. This includes:
- Regular checkups and cleaning to have your teeth decay/tartar free
- Brushing your teeth several times a day. You can use orthodontic toothbrush or a regular soft toothbrush.
Call today for an initial consultation.