Ashfield Family Dentistry is proud to support the Child Dental Benefit Schedule through Medicare and will Bulk Bill all dental work accessible through the schedule.
You can get the benefits for your child if:
- you’re their parent or guardian, or
- you’re an approved care organisation
- the child gets an eligible payment for at least 1 day of the calendar year
Children who get payments in their own name can also get the benefits if they’re:
- 2 to 17 years old for at least 1 day of the calendar year
- eligible for Medicare, and
- getting an eligible payment for at least 1 day of the calendar year
Who is eligible?
To be eligible, your child/family must be in the Family Tax Benefit A, or receive one of the following Government Payments:
- Youth Allowance
- Carer Payment
- Special Benefit
- Disability Support Pension
- Double Orphan Pension
- Financial assistance under the Veterans’ Children Education Scheme (if 16 years or older)
- Financial assistance under the Military Rehabilitation and Compensation Act Education and Training Scheme (if 6 years or older)
Medicare may have sent you a letter in the mailing informing you of being eligible. However, if this is not the case or you are unsure. Please fill out the below form or feel free to contact us on and quote your Medicare Number.
What if my children are eligible?
Call Ashfield Family Dental on (02) 9798 8839 to make an appointment with our friendly staff. Provide us with your child’s Medicare eligibly letter and Medicare card (containing the child’s name).
What does it include?
The Child Dental Benefit Schedule covers a range of general dental services including cleans, check-ups, x-rays, fissure seals, fillings, fluoride applications and simple extractions.
See the link below for more information: