Growing straight and true
Orthodontic treatment is used to straighten your child’s teeth and is recommended for children who already have, or are showing signs of, developing teeth and jaw issues. The best results come when treatment is started as soon as possible after your dentist recommends a plan.
Ashfield Dental Centre is home to a team of highly trained dental professionals who are dedicated to giving you and your child the best possible orthodontic journey. We offer children's orthodontics that are perfect for almost every smile!
Your child may be recommended to undergo orthodontic treatment for a variety of reasons.
- Aesthetics – a straight smile looks stunning and can impact the shape of your child's jaw, cheeks, lips and overall facial profile.
- Oral hygiene – misaligned teeth are harder to brush and have pockets for bacteria to hide in. Straightening your child’s teeth can help to prevent gum disease and decay
- Nutrition – aligned teeth improve your child’s ability to bite and chew
- Speech – severely misaligned teeth can make it difficult to speak clearly
- Overall health – misplaced teeth (especially growing ones) can put your child in a lot of pain.
Ashfield dental centre offers a wide range of orthodontic treatments suitable for all ages, including traditional (metal) and ceramic braces and clear aligner options for straightening. Your dentist will be able to help you and your child decide which option is best to achieve a straight, healthy smile.